Friday, November 27, 2015

Our Story!!!

After years of staying home with my children, we decided for me to finish my degree and become a teacher. I could work the same hours as my children and we could have summers off. It sounded like a great idea at the time but after graduating and landing my first job, the reality of student loans and other debts began to pile on top of us. Even though we had a new salary, our bills became more than we were making quickly. We didn't really have fancy things. We were just living life with a medium income and when something would break, we used our credit card because we could not seem to get enough money saved to get ahead. We were living pay check to paycheck and could never seem to catch a break. 

I would lay awake at night and worry about what would happen when our car broke down. Our credit cards slowly became maxed out. And I found myself living in one of the worse nightmares of my life. I felt so bogged by debt. I worried and prayed for an answer. 

I was introduced to it works global from a friend that I had met online through our adoption blog. I was very VERY skeptical and could not see HOW something like a body wrap could really get me out of debt. After almost a year of research, I called her back and paid $99 for my business start up kit and began my journey with it works global. 

At first I felt crazy! I had not tried the products. I was drawn to the company because it was DEBT free and it promoted families to be debt free.  I loved the fact that they didn't give you jewelry or other things. You could actually earn CASH. 

My husband sat our family down and together we prayed for this business to take off. We prayed for the people that needed this company to be guided to our team. Through a lot of faith I told everyone I met about my new adventure. 

In a very short time and an awesome group of team mates that had the same dream as us to become financial free! Our team grew quickly and I worked hard to coach teammates. In a few months, I replaced my teaching salary. Soon after that, I doubled my teaching salary. We began paying off debt fast!


In August of 2014, our second son Andrew was preparing to leave for a church mission in Brazil and we met a beautiful birthmom that asked us to adopt her precious daughters. It was a perfect time in our lives. God had blessed us with extra income to be able to provide for them and also have both our older sons on missions to serve others. We were thrilled to be able to answer a call from God and money not hold us back. It was such a blessing and an incredible feeling. Our sweet daughters joined our family and I never had to worry about money but my dreams of being a school teacher began to change quickly. I dreamed of staying home with our newly adopted 18 month old twins and being able to be with them full time. I hated leaving them at a babysitter. Soon after their adoption was final we began to pray about the decision for me to quit my job full time as a teacher. 



My business with It works exploded and we were able to bring home many cash bonuses. These bonuses helped us buy a home and land for our 7 children at home to have freedom to run and play and the best part was the bonuses helped allow me to be able to quit my job as a teacher and work from home to be with my girls. 


I work this business now like  full time job but I work at night when my kids are asleep or when the twins are napping. I am so excited to see where God needs us next. I am thankful for this opportunity. 

This is what I learned: I didn't land in the right place at the right time. I took a chance. I spent $99 that I had to scrape together. I didn't let anyone tell me that it was stupid. If someone didn't want to hear about it, then I moved to the next person. I worked hard to get to where I am. It wasn't LUCK or the right timing. It was work. While I was working two jobs with new family members joining me, I focused fully on my dream of getting to be at home full time. I dreamed of living in a new home. I dreamed of changing our lives and living a dream life. I learned that you don't HAVE to be stuck. You can dare to dream. You can change your outcome. It takes guts. It takes change, but it's worth it. What if it didn't work out. Well I would have lost 99 bucks. BUT since it did....OH...I'm so glad I took the chance. 

I love sharing my business with others. I love sharing my story. I love how broke we were and now we don't have to stress about Christmas. I love how we can give back and open our doors to families in need. I love how we can host birthday parties and other things I could not afford to be a part of before It works. I love being home with my kids and not be an exhausted teacher. I no longer stay at wake worrying about money. I stay awake coaching other moms. I love our team of single moms, teachers bringing in bonuses, and families that have a new hope. 
I love our products that they help people feel better, drop weight, wipe away wrinkles and live a well rounded life. 

We are blessed to be a part of something so amazing!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment